Thursday 21 June 2018

My safe space

So last night for the first time in a long time I had a big panic attack.
I didn't feel anxious before bed was organising family pictures on the laptop and watching Netflix (I am pretty rock and follow that) got into bed closed my eyes and it hit me. It hit me hard.

People who have anxiety/depression/panic attacks all have there own triggers and get affected differently.

My big trigger always has been someone breaking into my home. I was frozen. Convinced someone had got into the flat. I couldn't close my eyes. Just envisioned someone standing over me that it took my breath away.

I was crying where my body felt so scared. In the end I had to wake my husband up and get him to check every room in the flat and lock every window. Even then I couldn't settle. We both ended up in the front room watching Gilmore girls whilst I tried to settle my nerves.

Repeating to myself that this will pass and it did. Mase waking up and needing his mummy also gave me something else to concentrate on. I think my body and mind are both stressed out and that's what brought it on.

My husband doesn't understand panic attacks but he didn't need to he understood that in that moment I needed him and no matter how crazy it felt to him it was very real to me. He woke up very tired for the office today. He really is my safe place. No one on this planet can make my blood boil more then him but no one else can make me feel safer either.

So many people have panic attacks/depression/anxiety but it isn't spoken about. It's a taboo subject still. Please know you're not alone and like all stages it will pass. There is a light at the end of every tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment