Friday 1 June 2018

When the Dr finds a lump and you're only 30

So I have been getting breast aches. Like when you're first pregnant or before you come on a period. Thought nothing of it as it's not uncommon.

I then was getting shooting pains in my left breast. I checked and my nipple looked different. Had what I can only describe as a lumpy rash.
I made a mental note to go to the doctors on my to do list.

I'm only 30 so not expecting it to be anything ominous. I had a feel around and couldn't feel any obvious lumps.
I carried on and was still getting shooting pains through my nipple.
I called my doctors and managed to get an appointment for that day.

The doctor had a feel around and felt a lump in my left breast. Reassuring me she doesn't think it's anything but is referring me to the breast clinic. This is the norm for any new lumps. She thinks my nipple could be mastitis. I never knew that you could get it when not breastfeeding.  I don't have a temperature and my boobs don't feel hot to touch so I'm not convinced it is that.

Since my appointment I have felt my breast about 30 times and can not feel a lump. But if I am honest I really don't know what I am looking for.

Of course you hear that you are being referred you think of the worst and play out all of the scenarios in your head.

I am now waiting for an appointment at the breast clinic and hopefully be told it's nothing.

Thanks for reading
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment